Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Babies and Hidden Cameras

My baby only thinks she's outsmarted me! Not the case, sweet, little, sneaky Penelope! It turns out that my baby it quite savvy when it comes to anything to do with technology. I'll explain in a minute.


Penelope has the uncanny ability, until now I thought of it as a magical ability to know the precise moment that I am beginning to enter the realm of sleep.


I've even tested this ability by changing the variables. For example, I've gone to bed at different times, 10pm, 11:30, or 1pm. It doesn't matter. She wakes up crying as soon as my dreams are calling me. Also, I've put her to bed at different times to see if I can mess up her sleep pattern. It doesn't help. Right at that moment when the world around me begins to fade into the past, I'm jolted right back into it by a cry.

Then it hit me. We always talk about kids these days being great with computers, cell phones, video games, etc. Well, we forget that babies, the next generation, are even more advanced. I then realized that Penelope's nightly wakings were no mere coincidences. She doesn't have any special magical ability or intuition. It's calculated, planned and crafty. You see, she installed hidden cameras in my room and special sensors in my bed that measures my breathing and body temperature. It sends her a signal as soon as it detects that I am falling asleep. I haven't figured out where she keeps all the equipment which I'm guessing she has a ton of footage of me, tumbling out of bed, often with a grumpy look on my face, stumbling into her room. I think she's been having a hay day, probably holding in the giggles right before she fake cries.

The interesting thing is that as far as I can tell these sensors are only on my side of the bed and the hidden cameras apparently only point to me.

Well, Penelope, I'm on to you, baby. I know all about your secret little covert operation. We'll see who wins this little contest. I have tricks up my sleeve, too, you know.

Note: Last night I think her equipment malfunctioned or the computer crashed or something. I fell completely asleep for several hours before she woke up.

3 comments:

Global Way said...

Sleeping bliss is just over the rainbow...I know it´s tough to not sleep well...gets me cranky right away...now I am living in a completely different sleep world...

Anonymous said...

lol. Michelle- send her here then. She would have to be extremely crafty to set up her equipment at my house before hand... hey that is why she slept the whole night on your birthday!
Hahah - beware you live with a genious.

oh and who is global way?

The 4 Poppies said...

I´m sorry...Global Way is Reesha! :-) I was logged in with my school gmail acct and didn´t realize it until I´d sent the comment! Sorry!