Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The "New" New Years Resolution

Every New Years Day I get over-inspired and over-motivated. My mind gets creatively lofty with miraculous goals for the year ahead, things that can only be accomplished in one's mind, never in reality. This year will be different. I was inspired by my bottomless laundry basket of clothes begging to get out of there. You see, in the last several weeks I have made a new goal regarding these desperate clothes. Instead of telling myself that I will fold them that day, I will fold them in one week's time. That way, if I fold them in one week's time I can feel great about it, but if I happen to get them done before I can still feel great. (Last week, though, the baskets were overflowing, so I came up with an "emergency only" clause which says that stuffing them back into the dryer if guests are coming over is OK). This has done wonders for my sense of self-accomplishment, I've been patting' myself in the back left and right.

So, I figure I should capitalize on this new kind of principle by applying it to all aspects of my life. It might offer wonderful ego boosts all throughout the year. Keeping true to this principle, my motto for this year's resolution is, "keep it simple, keep it vague, keep it low-key, keep it mediocre." Here it is:



Michelle's Goals for 2008 (in the case of emergency, this list may be edited)

1. I will always clean my house once-in-a-while.

2. I will lose 3 pounds.

3. I will do my best to try to be nicer sometimes.

4. I will hope to exercise four times this year alone.

5. I will do more in every sense of the word.

6. I will think of others first as much as I can.

7. I will always fold laundry.

8. I will always cook food.

9. I will be a good friend, if all goes well.

10. I will always do my very best to a be a good mom and wife.



Wish me well...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOVE IT !

The 4 Poppies said...

Michelle, a-do-rei! Your goals have been an inspiration to me...now I think I have motivation to write my goals for this year...it IS the 2nd already and about time I did that!

Linda said...

I love your goals and have adopted them as mine for 2008. I hope you don't mind.

I'm especially fond of your first goal...I will always clean my house once-in-a-while. What an excellent new year's resolution.

Diane Dahlen said...

Best set of resolutions I have ever seen. I am feeling much better about 2008! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Hannah said...

Those are some great resolutions!

prairierose said...

You have outdone yourself again, Michelle! I knew I'd raised you right!!