Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Good Neighbor

Christopher and I celebrated Dia dos Namorados on Thursday. (the Brazilian equivalent to Valentines Day). This was the first year we decided to do this. Valentines Day will be a day of Family Loves and Dia dos Namorados will be just for the two of us.

Being that it was the first time I didn't remember until the morning of. The plannings, therefore, were rushed and so perhaps it was not quite as romantic as
Carol's day but a lovely time nonetheless. We chose to go see Indiana Jones (my second time at the cinema in the last two years!). Since we hadn't eaten dinner, after the movie we went to Culver's Drive through. When we approached the window to pay for our food, the cashier informed us that the person in the car ahead of us had paid for our meal in full!!!! Apparently it was a Good Neighbor effort promoted by the local KTIS station (which I have been known never to listen to, but offer many critical comments about it, OUCH!) Go KTIS!

If you happen to be behind me at a drive through in the next few days, don't be surprised if I turn out to be a Good Neighbor to you!

P.S. Marilyn, thanks for watching Penélope so last minute!

1 comment:

Carolina Vilela said...

Ah, que legal que vcs comemoraram o dia dos namorados brasileiro aí nos EUA! :))