Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've been tagged...

This past Monday I was delighted to discover that I had been tagged by my Aunt Linda! I guess that means that I say 10 things about me that you may not know then tag 10 of my friends. So here it goes:

1. I have two kids, a boy and a girl who I adore.

2. Besides being a mom I am a working actress.

3. I've been skydiving.


Wait a minute....that's someone else.

1. I don't like bananas.

2. In high school I told a new student that my name was actually, Luca, but because I was so embarrassed by it I called myself, Michelle. I made her promise never to tell anyone. I assumed she knew I was joking. Several months later, we were on the beach and I spelled my name in the sand. She asked me why I didn't write my actual name, Luca, since no one else we knew was around. After convincing her that my name was NOT, Luca, she was gracious enough not to be upset with me for my silly joke and was actually relieved since all the while she had been feeling badly for telling her parents my "real'' name! Needless to say I was the one that felt really bad and really stupid.

3. I spent one week trekking in the Himalayas in the country of Nepal.

4. I don't watch scary movies.


5. I dislike amusement parks because I get horribly frightened.

6. Two things that can make me growl: brushing my hair and opening jars. I'm afraid my husband could come up with several other ones. But it's fun to pretend that I only have two. I find that it paints a better picture of me, one that I enjoy looking at.

7. I love U2.

8. As a teenager, I had a short-lived music career in Brasil in my parents band: My first song hit #1 on the Christian music charts in a couple big cities. I was asked to record with another artist which eventually lead to performing on national TV. The biggest audience I ever performed for was 20,000 people. That sounds kind of cool and it was. But most of the "career" involved traveling (often getting very lost) to little towns around Brasil carrying equipments to and fro the bus, playing on top of flatbed trucks on a street corner, singing with a smile on my face while large insects flew up my skirt and then trying to make it look like I was doing some awkward dance moves, having drunks yell at us while we played and on and on I could go....


9. I love listening to National Public Radio.

10. As a teenager I thought about music so much and sometimes I slept under our baby grand piano.

Now I tag, Rosie, Kristi, Janet, Ana Carolina, Vivian, Susie, Luca, Melvin, Burt and Ernie (some I made up).

2 comments:

prairierose said...

You're just too funny!! Love it!

Linda said...

Can't wait to hear what Luca puts on her list. And, I wonder if Bert and Ernie will tag Elmo?