Having New Years resolutions is inevitably crucial. It gives one purpose and focus for the year ahead to be filled with greatness. Let's face it, I, for one, would like to be great. So, after much reflection, these are my New Years resolutions. Brace yourself. You will be inspired.
1. Always be patient with others and with frustrating situations when it seems natural.
2. Under no circumstances let my daughter watch more than 8 hours of TV at a time. Non-negotiable.
3. Be kind and generous even when there is no other way.
4. Be a better friend to those who always let me have my way. Period.
5. Lose 1 pound. (I learned my lesson from last year. 3 pounds was much too ambitious. This time I'm going with the three year plan. 1 pound per year, with one chance midway to reevaluate and adjust goal as seen fit.)
6. Never be crabby if everything is going perfectly.
7. Be consistently vegetarian whenever there is no meat in the house.
8. Always let others have their way if it matches my way.
9. Always be a good wife and mother when I want to be.
I am resolute. I am determined. I shall not falter. This must be done. It shall be done.
Wish me well.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are really going to be stretching yourself to reach these goals, but I believe in you 100%! Go girl!!!
I wrote out 3 goals last year in the São Leopoldo church and we read them again at Christmas this year. I had reached almost half of one of them! I think I´m gonna copy some of yours if that´s ok...
love it!
Post a Comment